We all know that the Microsoft Office is one of the most popular Office Package because of its interface and user-friendly tools. Also, we all know that the MS Access is very popular and handy RDBMS. Query designing and database management tools in access provide a very easy approach to users.
You can use Microsoft Access as a front end to MySQL by linking tables within your Microsoft Access database to tables that exist within your MySQL database. When a query is requested on a table within Access, ODBC is used to execute the queries on the MySQL database.
See on YouTube:
Steps to connect a remote MySQL database using MS Access:
Step 1: –Download MySQL Connector ODBC
Click on the following link to download MySQL Connector https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/
Step 2: –Install MySQL Connector ODBC
To install MySQL Connector ODBC follow the installation steps.
1)Run Installer and Click on Next
2)Click On Accept and then next
3)Click on typical and then next
4)Finally, click on Finish button.
Step 3: –Setup ODBC Data Source
1)Click on start button and type at search bar “odbc”
2) Under “User DSN” Click on Add button
3) Select MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver and click on Finish button
4) Now fill your remote database information and credential.
5)After filling information of your remote database click on test button to check the connection.
Note: Root user in MySQL blocked by default for remote access. if your are trying through root then you got an error “Access denied”. Still want to login with root user then unblock root user then try.
5) If your database connected successfully then select a database for operation.
6) Now finally click on ok button. after that, you see your remote source connection under user DSN.
Step 3: –Link Database tables inside Access
2)Click on ODBC Database under external data tab.
2)Select link table then click on the ok button.
3)Select your remote database source under Machin Data Source.
4)Select Table which you want to link then click on ok button.
5)Now your remote table has been linked and ready to insert, delete and other operations.
Latest posts by Subroto Mondal (see all)
- Making Analogue Clock with C-Language using Graphics - January 1, 2020
- Simple Criss-Cross Game Game Project using C Language - December 31, 2019
- Install and Use Multiple Node.JS on Linux using NVM - December 31, 2019